Question
Posted by: intuition | 2007/07/20

re: intuition

yes i would like to enhance my intuition for everyday purposes. my sixth sense/gut feeling. how can i access it more ? also how do u knw if wat u r feeling is really ur gut feeling or is it out of anxiety or nervousnes. i
hav on occassion known the occupation and other details of a persons life whenn meeting them for the first time. when they walk into the room d info comes to me immediately, how is that possible.
i also have dreams bout wat goin 2 hapen 2 me in future n d dreamz cum true. nt d actual dream its d message or incident in the dream dat hapens.
i also know wen a friend is upset or heart its almost as though i can feel there pain.
distance doesnt matter either when my sister met in an acident i knew sumtin bad was gona hapen i told her 2 be careful n wen it did ocur i hav dis feelin like im nasaous n upset n confused n weak n drained of al my energy. she wasnt seiously injured. wats ur opnion.

Its usually not so much a question of accessing it more ( like opening a cupboard and emptying its contents ) so much as recognizing your intuitions and testing them out, because not all are acurate or useful. As you imply, one starts by improving one's awareness , and more accurately identifying the emotions . feelings and cognitions ( thoughts, interpretations ) one is placing on those., and clarifying their origins.
With dreams beware of selection bias, which can be a powerfully misleading but natural influence --- put simpl, we tend to forget the many dreams we have which don't seem to predict anything at all, and to remember only those where there does seem to be some corelation between the dream content and something that happens. And even then we tend to remember only those aspects of the dream which match, and to ignore those which don't.
And some very emotionally sensitive do feel upset when someone they care about is hurt or upset, that's natural.