Question
Posted by: abby | 2008/01/25

re-infertility and age

I went through all these infertility treatments. I had a gift, was pregnant and had a miscarriage. I had 5 miscarriages. Our money is exhausted of all the treatments and we are still struggling to fall pregnant. I started with infertility treatment when I was 29 and are now turning 41. Is there any help for me or is it to late.

Dear Abby

There is a strong body of evidence suggesting that in cases of unexplained or recurrent fertility failure/miscarriages, pre-genetic diagnosis (PGD) may be of value in excluding embryo genetic abnormalities and may in fact enhance the chances of a successful pregnancy significantly. Simply testing both partners for chromosomal problems does not necessarily assist in the diagnosis or avert embryopathy (embryo abnormalities). Obviously I would assume that all other investigations for recurrent miscarriages have been under-taken and no specific cause has been detected.

1
Posted by: AnnieGay | 2008/01/25

You are not too old!! Have you considered an egg donor from a younger person through IVF? I am turning 40 soon and will be receiving donor eggs from a 27yr old. It is expensive, but worth a try if you are really desperate to have a baby.
Also, try not let is consume you. A lot of people have fallen pregnant naturally once they "let it go" & stop watching the calendar. The mind is a strong thing and once you try & forget about it, it may happen naturally. Also try following strict healthy diet. Good luck

Reply to AnnieGay