Question
Posted by: Greek | 2007/04/19

RE: I over reacted last night - Ouch

Hi All,

Thanks again for the wonderful feedback and the total and complete honesty and I am glad that you didnt hold back on the truth.

Things went very well last night all in my favour, but reading the rest of the responses today especially Experts, (shoo but you harsh!!!) I agree that I have been selfish and acted like a spoilt brat and yes I have been spoilt alot.

I now believe that insecureties makes one blind to the real things in life, real genuine concerns like being worried about my boyfriend's well being etc.

I have been totally selfish and also completely honest with my boyfriend with regrads to my feelings and if I want this relationship to last I have to pull myself together and work harder.

In fact I told him last night that I will have to work harder at our relationship but it was for a more selfish reason. Now I will work harder for us... The problem I suppose and correct me if I am wrong, could be that I have been single for three years and have always centre of attention within my group always the fun guy who gets envited to all the parties and no baggage now I am expecting the same attention from one person. I need to get real about it...

I think I will apologise to him, for being selfish, in person when I see him tomorrow at the airport in Joburg and also make him feel very special. At least I have a day to think about what to do...

Thank you SO much for your honest responses...

Much appreciated...

Loads of luv.

Greek

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi to you Greek and thanks for the feedback. Sorry if I was a bit direct but sometimes we need to take an uncomfortable look into a mirror reflecting a different reality - it may not be what we want to see.

And it is always up to us to decide how we choose to interpret what we see there and whether we want to act on this.

1
Posted by: Jack Noir | 2007/04/20

Hopefully all worked out??

Reply to Jack Noir