Question
Posted by: nick | 2006/11/07

re: how long

hi there doc. thanks for your reply to my previous questions. just want to be sure of something: does this mean i cannot drink any alcohol (may just few glasses) during the 3month course of my fluzol treatment?

if i do consume alcohol, will it cancel/lesson the effect of the fluzol or is it just bad for me in terms of toxins?

thanks doc.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Nick,

Strictly speaking, you should avoid any substance which is metabolised/detoxified by the same enzyme system used by the Fluzol. This system is called the Cytochrome P450, and is used involved in the metabolism of many different substances. This is also the system responsible for the “clashing” of different medicines.

However, it would not be a train smash if you were to have one glass of wine, say, – it may make you feel a little queasy, but a single glass of wine will certainly not cancel the effect of the Fluzol. Like most things in life, moderation is the key.

However, as you are clearly battling to overcome this fungal infection, it would make the most sense to do everything strictly by the book, so that you leave no possibility for the treatment to fail due to your lack of compliance. If you have done everything right and the fungus persists, then at least you know that nothing you did might have caused the meds to fail.

Good luck.

HeartDoc