Question
Posted by: ~Wings~ | 2004/02/11

Re: Hositlity bout - att cybershrink

HI Cybershrink

Just wanted to let you know that after my posting - "When hostility kicks the cat to get to your tongue" I went to a GP who was the third medical pro to recommend I start taking an SSIR, he said I'm on the major end of depression and narrowed my symptoms mentioned on the posting to Post Traumatic Stress.
I am currently in my second week of Lorien 20 mg and after thinking for a long time that SSIR's were for weak people I realise now that I need this to fill the gap while I sort out my issues.
My doc really cares about me and has mentioned he will be keeping a close eye on me as well as pushing me really firmly to seek counselling (as you well mentioned)
I am on medical aid now and I will be seeing a clinical psychologist next week thursday for an hour and a half session covered fully by medical aid.
Thank you for always giving unbiased advice and for always trying to see the positive in a negetive situation, those other two postings were really hurtful and although I know it's whats to be expected as they don't really know me and battle to empathise my relationship with my boyfriend is a lot less tense and we actually have fun together.
I am aware though that love grows and if our love grows then great, if not I'll be moving on.
Take care and thanks again!
~Wings~

Dear Wings,
Delighted to hear that you're making good progress. The drugs aren't the only part of a solution, but they can be a crucial part of it. I'm pleased that our advice proved useful, and that you're taking all the right steps towards a long-lasting solution.
As for the occasional hurtful postings that turn up, as you know, that's part of life --- it's like a garden --- if there isn't a patch of mud somewhere, in some dark corner, it's hardly a real garden. But if any of the mud gets on us, we let it dry and brush it off. Keep up the excellent progress !

1
Posted by: Paul | 2004/02/11

Thank you ~Wings~ for bringing the truth out about a very often misconceived topic SSRI drugs.

Reply to Paul