Question
Posted by: samantha | 2006/08/01

RE: Help me please URGENT ANGIE

Angie, in june i had my period round about 20th or 25th or 28th(before i lost my virginity) the monts before that my period was round about the 5th of each month.

There are pregnancy tests available that can be used as soon as 24 hours after a missed period. You can administer it yourself by buying a home pregnancy test in a local store, or you can make an appointment with your health care provider. Having the test done in a professional environment leaves less room for error. These urine tests are designed to react with a hormone called human gonadotropic hormone (HCG), which is secreted into a pregnant woman's blood by the developing placenta.

If you have missed your period, but have not yet taken a pregnancy test, don't assume you're pregnant. Continue to use contraception if you have intercourse and don't want to be pregnant. Remember that the length of your menstrual cycle can vary from twenty to thirty six days. There are often small changes in your cycle, and there can also be major ones when you're under a great deal of stress. Before you proceed to get extremely worried, see if you have any of these other signs of pregnancy:

Swelling or tenderness in your breasts
Frequent urination
Fatigue
Nausea or vomiting
Feeling bloated or crampy
Increased or decreased appetite
Changes in digestion (constipation or heartburn)
Mood changes
Wait, watch, and if you still don't get your period after finals, have a pregnancy test just in case.

E Mc

3
Posted by: Angie | 2006/08/02

I forgot to say - the laddies on the Gynaedoc forum are very helpful, especially if you can give them dates, they might be able to give you a bit more advice. Good luck!

Reply to Angie
Posted by: Angie | 2006/08/02

It sounds like you have quite a long cycle usually - and then all of a sudden in June you had a short cycle. Like the Sexologist said, there are many reasons that period's might become irregular. Stress, change in diet, etc... Having said that, if your last period was the around the end of June - you might be returning to your longer cycle, your body is probably regulating. Just be patient, and if you worry, it will honestly make it worse. If the condom didn't break, I don't think there is any reson to worry. But losing your virginity is a big deal - and that might be why your cycle is changing - it is stress in a way too! Please consider birth control - that way you won't need to worry like this in future...

Reply to Angie
Posted by: sammy | 2006/08/02

So what do you want to know? If your asking if your pregnant I'd have to say know beings how your still having your periods. If your concerned that your period time changed don't worry about it. As long as your having them your fine.

Reply to sammy