Question
Posted by: les | 2008/05/31

re: help (child urinating)

Thank you Doc and others to your responses to my son being accused of uninating over floors and walls in hostel toilet. I collected him this last week and the counciller told me she had introduced a buddy system for the boys going to the loo. But still there was ANOTHER INCIDENT. Apparently the boys are taking it in turns now to clean up the mess but they are getting really upset and when the culprit is discovered all hell is going to break loose. I am taking your advice and believing what my son tells me and I won't go the hypnotist route yet. I throw things at him in conversation in every now and then about the subject and his responses are quick and natural. The counciller says whoever is doing this is deeply disturbed, but I really think its a very devious child and can't work out how he does it without someone walking in on him, it takes time unrinate all over the wall and then the floor and get out without being seen. I really can't wait until he is caught in the act and neither can my son, so that he will no longer be a suspect.

Sounds like you're handling this well, les. I wonder whether the culprit isn't urinating in a plastic bottle, so he can fling the stuff around more rapidly and escape more quickly. Anyhow, it's good that the school has stopped unthinkingly assuming that your son is the culprit, and the buddy system sounds like it could be helpful, at least in this regard