Question
Posted by: Kyla | 2004/11/26

Re: Feeling sick and have a funny pain

Hi guys, as Im sure u know (if u have been following the postings) I have no idea what to expect with being pregnant. I feel really ill, bit I guess thats to be expected. I have a really bad pain, on my back, just underneath my ribs. Also in front on the side. Is this normal?

I agree with the other respondents that youb should see a doctor as soonas possible as this may indicate a threatening miscarriage.

18
Posted by: misty | 2004/11/26

Kyla def go to the doc girl the last thing you want is unneccessary health complications. A friend of mine thought she was pregnant had all the sypmtoms doc even cnfm she was pregs. Then one day she was bleeding and had severe cramps and went to the local clinic only to discover that her appendix was about to burst and it was not a pregnancy after all. Therefore go to the doc make an arrangement with your GP if your must to pay at a later date but have yourself thoroughly checked out.

Reply to misty
Posted by: Jessica | 2004/11/26

My gynae only askes me R136, I'm in PTA, although you're gynae might be less expensive for a follow up, and he'll not do all the tests

Jessica

Reply to Jessica
Posted by: Kyla | 2004/11/26

The pain feels like period pain - crampy. The thought of JHB Gen really frightens me, standing in line for hours waitning for a doc, in filthy conditions. Not my idea of fun. I will have to just fork out the R300.00 to see the Gynae.

Reply to Kyla
Posted by: cruz | 2004/11/26

The bleeding went on for about 2 half days (Blood was brownish).

I am concerned about the fact that you are in pain. Please try and get to a doc (Try JHB Gen).

Best of luck

Reply to cruz
Posted by: Kyla | 2004/11/26

In JHB. I went to the Gynae last week, (didn't know I was preg then) for a bladder infection, the consultation was R300.00, and the tests were R480.00. Thats almost R800.00 - they are incredibly expensive!

Reply to Kyla
Posted by: Jessica | 2004/11/26

Kyla, where do you stay, some gynaes aren't to expensive, you must go for a scan, even if it just to find out what is going on. I

Jessica

Reply to Jessica
Posted by: Kyla | 2004/11/26

Thanks for the advice Cruz, was it a constant stream or just a spot? Mine has not stopped, it is extremely light, but still there, and still very sore.

Reply to Kyla
Posted by: cruz | 2004/11/26

I was in a similar situation a about a month ago. Had two very hectic days at work and just before went home on the Thursay afternoon I noticed a brownish pinkish blood on my panties. I nearly died of fright. The worst part was trying to keep calm as I knew it would make it worse if I freaked out.

Went to the doc the next day only to find out that the placenta was lying on my cervix and that was causing the bleeding. I was told to take it easy (no stress or runing around) for the rest of my pregnancy. I am now 20 weeks and very greatful to still be pregnant.

My advise to you is go to a Gov Hospital and go for a scan, just to make sure every thing is okay. You will at least feel a better.

Good luck. I hope that every thing will be okay

Reply to cruz
Posted by: Kyla | 2004/11/26

Its a red-brown but the pain is severe. Say a prayer for me. And once again, many thanks for your answers and support.

Reply to Kyla
Posted by: Nuffing | 2004/11/26

Bright red blood is 'bad' as it denotes active bleeding. Brown is generally 'good' and not of much concern as it shows old blood... normally from a small bleed or implantation bleeding etc, which has stopped and is now coming out...

I did have a pink tinge in one of my pregnancies, and some brown smudges once too.

If your cramps are really severe and there's red blood, I would say it's concerning.

If you only have discomfort and tinges of pink or brown blood, it may be fine.

Reply to Nuffing
Posted by: Kyla | 2004/11/26

The blood is a wierd almost see-through brown red now. /does this mean anything?

Reply to Kyla
Posted by: Kyla | 2004/11/26

Thanks Nuffing, I really appreciate the support. You girls don't know me from a bar of soap. I really draw strength and hope from you guys. I have decided that what ever hapens happens - probably for a reason too. Part of the Grand Plan and all. I will keep you posted and let you know what hapens. I am quite scared though, what is happening or not happening.

Reply to Kyla
Posted by: Nuffing | 2004/11/26

Just try to relax... there's not really much you can do, and going to the doctor won't actually help you.

Just be calm and breathe deeply and try to surrender to 'what ever will be will be'...

As I mentioned I lost my baby at 25 weeks.
It was devastating. But I used it as a learning and growing experience... and I made sure that whenh I got the opportunity again I would be as ready as I could be, mentally, physically, emotionally and in a stable relationship etc.

So if everything is fine at least now you know that in your heart you do want this, and you'll find a way to cope.

If it doesn't work out.... then you're already on the path to motherhood, you just have a little more time to prepare and get ready to be the best mom you can be for your children.

I don't want to get all esoteric on you, but I do belive our children choose us and come to teach us lessons... my baby girl taught me so much about life, myself, compassion and imeersing myself in what I belive in etc.

I am ot so sure I would have been as committed and loving with my children if I hadn't have lost her, and I may too have felt my children were burdens and restricting me etc. I never do now becuase I chose them and I wanted them and I was READY for them.

with love.

p.s. my friend was pregnant in Dec last year very unplanned, she had a bleed - even a lump was passed and 'that was that'. She did nothing further and waited a few weeks. In that time she decided that she did want to be pregnant and made the decision to try actively. After another few week she went to her gynae for a check up. It was found that she was 15 weeks pregnant! She hadn't miscarried after all.

Her baby is now 4 months old, and all is well.

She hadn't wanted to be pregnant and was very negative. The bleed helped her to realise that she really did want a baby afterall, and then there he was.

I do think things happen for a reason.

Take care. Thinking of you...

Reply to Nuffing
Posted by: Kyla | 2004/11/26

Thanks Nuffing, I feel like crying, I think for the first time I have realised what this means. REally scared. I am sitting here at work regretting saying I ont want it, I hope my baby will be alright.

Reply to Kyla
Posted by: Nuffing | 2004/11/26

You'll be fine... just wait and see what happens. It may be a miscarriage (but also may not)... time will tell.

If it is, it get's you out of the situation, and you can sort your self out.

Either way it's gonne help you to figure out how you really feel and waht you wany.

Thinking of you...

Reply to Nuffing
Posted by: Kyla | 2004/11/26

I haven't told anyone I am pregnant, have done 2 home tests, both positive. I am really scared. Also I am not on med aid.

Reply to Kyla
Posted by: Norma | 2004/11/26

I think you should see your doc asap.......
It could be nothing but just make sure

Reply to Norma
Posted by: Kyla | 2004/11/26

Help - I have a spot of light pink blood when I went to the bathroom earlier, and now again - but more, and the cramps have intensified. What the hell is gappening to me?!!!!!!!!!!! Am I having a miscarriage?

Reply to Kyla