Question
Posted by: C | 2008/01/25

RE: FEELING GUILTY ABOUT DIVORCE

I married at a very young age, had a baby, divorced. Now my son is 4 years old and I am feeling guilty that he does not have a normal family consisting of a mom and dad. Why am I feeling so guilty now, I do not who to turn to, because everyone says that I must go on with my life.

Maybe you'd be surprized at how few people have a "normal" family. A great many kids grow up in single-parent families, and without any more signs of damage or disturbance than other kids. SO don't feel guilty --- you have done nothing wrong or harmful to him, and indeed, if you are worrying excessively, that in itself may be causing the child more concern than anything else. Consider seeing a good local counsellor to settle these concerns