Question
Posted by: NICOLA | 2007/04/13

re -falling pregnant

I am 45 years old and would like to have a child. I have ot had a period for a while until 2 months ago where my breasts were tender abd had a bleeding for 8 days. What are the chances of stimulating my ovaries and falling pregnant?

Dear nicola

The chances of conception at age 45 and beyond is not extremely good but varies from patient to patient. A careful evaluation of ovarian reserve by means of ultra sound scan and hormonal profile would be necessary to give you a more accurate idea of the likelihood of conception. Should the hormone profile indicate poor ovarian reserves then it would be rather difficult for conception to occur.