Question
Posted by: Ferny | 2007/03/01

Re : Engagement Announcement

For those who might be interested the announcement of Stef & Charl's engagement has been placed in the "Independent on Saturday " and "Sunday Tribune" both Durban publications. If you are not in Durban you should be able to access them online on :

www DOT iol DOT co DOT za

and choose Classifieds of those two newspapers.

As a matter of interest the person i placed the advert with didn't bat an eyelid when i placed it. Of course i don't know what she was thinking but quite frankly I DON'T GIVE A DAMN !!! Wouldn't be doing it if i bothered me. It's amazing how when you love your child as much as i do you are prepared to take on the world !!!! All i can say is they better print it right or else there will be hell to pay !!!

And let me tell you (just for the hell of it !) i am 5 ft 2 inches tall and weigh a huge big 49 kgs !!!! But you know what they say "Dynamite comes in small packages !!!"

Love and hugs to you all - Ferny :-)

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi again Ferny and as always thanks for posting.

To the best of my knowledge this is this first same-sex engagement announcement in the press in South Africa? If I'm wrong please correct me - if I'm right, Ferny you should send a copy of the newspaper to GALA (the Gay And Lesbian Archive), housed at the library of Wits University.

Once again, heart congrats to you and your family.

3
Posted by: Junior | 2007/03/03

Hi Ferny.

I'll definitely look out for the article. I think it was a brilliant idea to publish it. It's inner strength that counts, not physical !!! And if people were measured by those criteria, you would be one of the strongest people that I know.

Love
Junior

Reply to Junior
Posted by: Rade | 2007/03/02

Ferny can I attend the wedding?

Reply to Rade
Posted by: Ferny | 2007/03/01

Oh yes, forgot to say it will be in this weekend's papers = Sat 3rd March and Sunday 4th March.

Cheers - Ferny :-)

Reply to Ferny