Question
Posted by: TT | 2008/07/11

Re: Depo and Pregnancy

What i dont understand is why is the waiting period the same even if you have only been using injectable contraceptives for a short period, example about 8 months.
Is there nothing you can you use to increase your chances of getting pregnant faster, because to wait for a year is really frastruated, and the waiting makes you stress more, which is not good, because they say if you traying to conceive you must try not to stress alot.
I really need to fall pregnant soon because i have womb problems and the doc told me that if i want another baby i must try and do it now, otherwise my chances will be very slim if i wait longer.

The injection works by thinning the womb lining and this occurs even with one injection. It takes a while for the lining to regrow. There is no reason not to try to fall pregnant now as the time period to conception varies from person to person. Some women fall pregnant within a few months. the average is 9 months.