Question
Posted by: elly | 2008/07/23

re-communication

My husband and I had a terrible fight last night. It seems as we cant communicate to each other. He is booked off sick but when I got home he drank some red wine, I just asked him why is it that he cannot be without wine as he is booked offsick.
He dont drink in the week if he works,but drinks a lot over weekends and I just feel I cant take it anymore.He drinks from the friday to the sunday. He asked me for money and I said no. Now he say because I have money i think i can be incharge of him. it is not true. I told him that if he dont stop this drinking over weekends i will leave him, he asked me last night so why dont i leave if i have a problem with his drinking. He always wants to be right. If he dont drink then he is very quite.we did not even speak to each other before we went to bed. normally i am always the one that starts talking first. but last night i was just fedup.he also dont want to see someone to talk to. please help me as i dont know what to do,

His excuse for drinking makes absdolutely no sense at all, does it ? Tell him to join you seriously in marriage counselling, or to move out.