Question
Posted by: Nick | 2008/01/27

Re: Child Abuse

Hi again

She is only 15. I suspect the abuse is sexual, but I will find out when I talk to her later today.

I wish to remain anonymous if i report anything, but I am wary of the flawed systems in place (my email to the Western Cape Childline office couldn't be delivered), and the even worse effects that could arise from a case not being followed through properly.

Maybe you can persuade her to call Childline herself, as they ought to have a toll-free national number. YOur local Lifeline may have details of other support groups in your area.

2
Posted by: anon | 2008/01/27

Call Lifeline and they will give you the telephone numbers , rather call or better still get her to call!

Reply to anon
Posted by: Hope* | 2008/01/27

How nice to have people like yourself in the world who care.I hope you manage to sort all this out and take good care of your young friend. 

Reply to Hope*