Posted by: Nick | 2008/01/27

Re: Child Abuse

Hi again

She is only 15. I suspect the abuse is sexual, but I will find out when I talk to her later today.

I wish to remain anonymous if i report anything, but I am wary of the flawed systems in place (my email to the Western Cape Childline office couldn't be delivered), and the even worse effects that could arise from a case not being followed through properly.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Maybe you can persuade her to call Childline herself, as they ought to have a toll-free national number. YOur local Lifeline may have details of other support groups in your area.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: anon | 2008/01/27

Call Lifeline and they will give you the telephone numbers , rather call or better still get her to call!

Reply to anon
Posted by: Hope* | 2008/01/27

How nice to have people like yourself in the world who care.I hope you manage to sort all this out and take good care of your young friend. 

Reply to Hope*

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.