Posted by: Still healing | 2008/07/22

Re: cheating

It’ s quite sad how many posts there wrt cheating..
I’ ve also been cheated on, and chose to stay in the relationship.Why? Cos in some cases, a second chance is necessary. But it amazes me when third, fourth etc chances are given to a serial cheater! If I should ever be cheated on again, I will DEFINITELY walk away. Why torture yourself over and over again? And to those cheaters! You have left a path of destruction as a result of your despicable behaviour!. It takes a hell of a lot of unnecessary hard work from the betrayed spouse to even feel like a normal human being again! And to those who got 2nd chances! DON” T MESS UP again… .I sincerely hope you regret causing so much pain to the one you supposed to love and cherish. Now have a nice day! Cheers

I'm worried that this is becoming a Cheating forum rather than one for psychiatric or psychological problems. I agree that one fresh chance, if coupled with marriage / relationship counselling, may be sensible, but repeated forgiveness of a serial cheater just promotes cheating, and one loses any right to complain.