Question
Posted by: Bell | 2005/07/08

Re: Bladder infections

My doc did send my urine to the lab once and she gave me some antibiotics said it will clear it up, she never told me to come back after a week! she never told me the cause of the infectionss she tests my urine then shows me the results the gives me 6pills (antibiotics) i take all of them in 3days then I feel fine for a month then I go back again the nxt moths and its bladder infection again!

I dont know if this is related though I eat everything to boost up my iron level but nothing seems to help, I was a regular donor now I dont donate blood anymore because of my iron level. why ?

Bell, it is fine to just treat an infection the first time, but if it repeats within a short time more tests need to be done and the treatment needs to be followed up.
The most common cause of low iron levels in you people is blood loss. In women menstruation is the most common cause and after that it is blood loss from the gastro-intestinal tract (ulcers, polyps, etc.). The best would be to see a specialist physician if you don’t suffer from heavy periods. Good luck.

1
Posted by: ARA | 2005/07/08

Get a second opinion. You should try and find out what the cause of the infections. Maybe go and see a Urologist

Reply to ARA