Question
Posted by: Daisy | 2007/08/04

Re: Bad dizzy spell last night

Hi. Thank you for your reply. I did see a GP this morning, as I had a really bad headache still. My pulse was still in the 120s at that point, but they said they weren't worried about that. He didn't say what caused the dizziness at all. He was more worried about teh pain in my back, because the last time I had seen this doctor was for what I thought to be kidney stones, and it turned out that it is somethign wrong with my back, which the Mayo Clinic is checking into. He just told me that I shouldn't take any Phenergan, Tylenol 4, Elavil, or Fiorinal w/ Codiene (all of which I usually take, but none of which have caused anything like this, except the Elavil). The Elavil had me passing out 2 weeks ago, and I was taken to ER by ambulance, and I was just put back on it due to lack of sleep and worsening depression. The doctor from Mayo had me back on it only until I go back August 27th, but at this point I don't know what to do. Last night, I tried to go to ER, but my parents would not take me. Today I am just suffering from a really bad headache. My parents would be mad if they even found out I went to the doctor this morning, so I just told them I was going to the store. They are not very supportive of me, especially when it comes to my health, as so much has gone wrong in the past 2 years, and they are just tired of it. Quite frankly, so am I, but I still know that it needs to be taken care of. The doctor from Mayo tld me to see the ER last night, but I couldn't.
I will try resting more. I have been having to be on my feet a lot lately, but will try to keep it to a minimum. My pulse is at 114 right now.
What is your pulse supposed to run? I am not sure, but I know that in the 130s is way to high, especially when I had been laying down for an hour or so.
Thank you very much for your help. BTW, is there anything I can do for the back pain while I am not taking the Tylenol 4? The doctor said try to stay off of those meds for a week. I didn't take any last night or this morning, but I am hurting pretty bad, but I also know that staying in bed is not good either.

Dear Daisy
Normal pulse is around 72 beats per minute - some people have a naturally lower or higher pulse rate but usually under a 100 beats per minute. You can take anti-inflammatories or paracetamol.