Posted by: mom | 2008/08/11

RE: aggressive teen

Just a word of thanks for the advice... when i got home the evening my son jumped me as I opended the door asking for forgiveness...we could them calmy discuss the situation. Still no answers as he can' t really understand why his emotions are so volatile suddenly, but at least we agreed on a better approach when things get out of control. I guess this is the start of the teenage years.... how I handle it will make all the difference.

Once again thank you for such a supportive forum.

Good progress, mom. Sometimes it isn;t worth fiercely pursuing answers to "WHY?" , but looking for better ways to prevent further such occurrences, and better ways to handle such situations if they do arise. I rember the Gilbert & Sullivan operetta "Ruddigorwe", in which a character Mad Margaret used to getcarried away at times, and they chose a very boring place-name, "Basingstoke" as a signal that things were getting out of hand, whereupon she would take a deep breath and recover control.