Question
Posted by: Bob | 2004/11/03

RE: Acid Relux

Hi Cyberdoc

Thanx for the speedy response. The medication that the Gastroentologist prescibed is Omez 20 (Omeprazole). I just spoke to him a couple of minutes ago and I told him that the medication is not working. He said I should come in and go for a sona to check for gall stones. What is your opinion and advice on all of this ?

Thanx & Regards

Bob, the omeprazole will work within a couple of days if reflux is the problem. It might not take away all the symptoms, but there should be a marked improvement. I doubt that your symptoms are due to gallstones, but going to see a gastroenterologist would be the next step. Good luck.

1
Posted by: Mama | 2004/11/03

My spouse was cured after having an operation for a completly different thing. This proved that there is a bacteria in the stomach, which needs to be addressed. The other cure, (really works) is to hang onto the doorframe, higher than your head, and stretch your stomach for a few days. Worked for me.

Reply to Mama