Question
Posted by: Kimmi | 2007/04/17

Re: 927 Fluid intake

In your reply to Fit Guy (post no.927) you said that he should only dirink 1 litre of water a day so that the total fluid intake is not more than 2.5 to 3 litres a day. Im assuming then if I only drink water, its ok to drink about 2.5 litres a day? I usually drink about 2.
Thanks,
Kim

Dear Kimmi
Yes 2,5 litres a day is the recommended total daily intake of all liquids (water, tea, coffee, rooibos tea, bottled water, soda water, fruit juice, cold drinks, and even beer and wine). If you only drink water and are not exposed to extreme heat or doing very strenuous exercise then 2 litres a day should be adequate. If you should exercise a lot, take some additional water to push your intake up to 2,5 litres a day.