Question
Posted by: Frank | 2005/11/19

Re 80

i had an elisa test done, can it be some sort of indiucation that ill be ok?

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Frank!

I understand that you are eager to know your status and that waiting to know for sure that you're ok may be causing you considerable anguish. Nevertheless, at the risk of sounding cruel, I cannot pretend that "some indication" is good enough. Although the probability of conversion having taken place is high, and your last test consequently being accurate, you'll need to test again at three months to know for sure and that test will either turn out positive or negative.

So hope maybe, but no certainty. Hang in there!

Keep strong!
Laurent

1
Posted by: Backontrack | 2005/11/20

Frank,

I'll answer on Laurent's behalf in the meantime:

Any negative test result is of course good news, and the average time to seroconvert (from neg to pos) is around 22 days from exposure. Your 4 week test is therefore a good sign, but as Laurent said, 3 months will give you a definite answer.

Hang in there - I'm sure you'll be OK!

Reply to Backontrack