Question
Posted by: Momof3 | 2006/11/11

Re: 2572 Boyfriends Behaviour

Hi ? .The situation you described sounded just like us when we got married and moved to Pta at the time.As boyfriend and girlfriend we kissed and hugged etc and where very affectionat but not in public and that carried on when we where married.We used to meet for lunch and he would not kiss me or hold my hand while we walked to the cafe' or to whereever we were going(nothing in public).But this soon changed and after 26yrs of marriage he still cant keep his hands off me.I dont mind,I love all the affection,the queezing of the bum ,the odd kiss holding me etc.

After reading your posting 2572 it reminded me so much of that time I asked him this morning why he did that ,nothing in public.
He explained better now than then .He said he did not know at the time what the norm was.How do you act in public even when your married.His parents were never that affectionate(from what I can remember) so perhpas it starts there.

But our kids see us kissing or holding eachother close and hugging and giving an affectionate squeeze or a chase around the room or table etc.I think it is healthy for kids to see not only the bad but also the good in a relationship.My parents really loved one another and thats all I can remember-they had fights but the love was more.

Hubby was kissing me goodbye ,he was going out to buy something. Our 12yr old said the other day "OK,Dad we all know that you love Mom." I think he was showing a little jealousy there(It was in out lounge)or he might have been alittle embarased to see his Dad kissinghis mom (just a long normal kiss) not a Frenchie.

So ? I think your boyfriend has grown to love you ,especially after the baby and he just wants to touch you now and be close to you because he just wants to touch you and show you how much he does really care and love you (PS: maybe now is the time to get married).I hope you feel the same way about him now.
As huuby put it, your boyfriend feels that there is a relationship now and you have a family together.So he puts his arm around you.You are mine and I love you.(not really to show off)
That is what your boyfriend is saying by his actions.( That is what we think) Enjoy it.!!!

useful and thoughtful response.