Posted by: Zee | 2008/10/03


I would like to get an advice on how to get the treatment on the bumps that have developed at the back of the head possibly due to hair shaving. I am of the African descent and uses an electric slipper for hair removal. I once consulted a pharmacist who gave me a product called " Bump Patrol"  and did not help.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Zee

Thank you for visiting

You are suffering from folliculitis, which is caused by an infection of the hair follicles. I recommend that you consult a GP for a prescription for Doxytab (antibiotics). You also have to apply Bactroban topical cream, twice daily to the affected area.

Also sterilise the clipper with warm water and Savlon before shaving your hair.

Kind regards

Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.