Posted by: Hayley | 2008/06/01


Hi, I am a 30 ear old female who was diagnosed with Raynards Pheunomenon in 2003. I was not subcribed with any chronic medication. I had to relocate from Gauteng to KZN because of the cold winters, Durban weather is much better! I now feel that it is spreading into my left thigh is it possible or could I be diagnosed with something else ? I am also battling to find a rheumatolist here, is there any other professional I can see ?

Thank you.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageArchive

Hello Hayley,
Raynaud's Phenomenom and Raynaud's Disease are significantly different in terms of diagnosis. If your diagnosis is indeed Raynaud's Phenomenom I would suggest you communicate with the medical practioner who originally made your diagnose and ask for the details that led to this conclusion.

Discuss this medical history and your new symptoms with your current GP and ask for referral for appropriate investigation to a rheumatologist.

In addition to the above if you want a more natural approach consult an osteopath. This will help to improve the function of your circulatory and nervous systems as well improve the ability of your body to deal with your ongoing condition.

Best regards

Dr Guy Ashburner Osteopath

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.