Question
Posted by: GER | 2004/01/12

RAVENOUS/STARVING/ALWAYS HUNGRY

AM EXPERIENCING EXTREME CONTINUAL HUNGER AND EVEN AFTER EATING, FEEL AS THOUGH I CAN EAT 10 PLATES OF FOOD! DONT KNOW WHICH WAY TO TURN. SEEMS WORSE IF I DONT EAT IMMEDIATELY I FEEL HUNGRY. FEELING DESPERATE AS I AM CONTINUALLY HUNGRY - LIKE LIVING WITH A MIGRAINE! WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR ADVICE?

GER, I know that everyone around you has suggested worms, but it is seldom the problem (and you would¡¦ve see worms in the toilet by now). It might be due to a disorder like anaemia, thyroid problems, diabetes, etc, and the best would be to see a specialist physician and have it sorted out. Good luck.

3
Posted by: GER | 2004/01/22

HI DOC! THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY. HAVE BEEN TESTED FOR DIABETES. WILL ASK ABOUT THYROID AND ANAEMIA. MY GP THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE AN ULCER, BUT THE ULCER MEDICATION DIDN'T HELP AT ALL (NEXIAM 20MG). AM STILL STRUGLLING WITH SYMPTOMS. GP WANTS ME TO HAVE A GASTROSCOPY. THANKS AGAIN...

Reply to GER
Posted by: Amy | 2004/01/13

GER. What do you ear during the day?

Reply to Amy
Posted by: Kathirine | 2004/01/13

I promise you I was there to. It is a terrible out of control feeling. I hated it. I use to eat fat free most of the time and always had things like oats,hi-fibre bran, fat free yoghurt, wholewheat pronutro, breads and fruit. This food was all healthy but made me hungry ALL THE DAM TIME. I use to wake up thinking of food and go to bed wondering what I going to eat in the morning. I know they say go for a low fat high carb diet BUT this did make me put on 6 kg over 3 years and I never before had a weight problem. When December came and it was holidays and I HAD STILL not lost the weight and I was as hungry as hell, I said to hell with it all. Im going to eat meat in the mornings like a chicken breast, boiled eggs and fat free cottage cheese. Afternoons I had meat again with tastic rice and vegies. Evenings more or less the same. I stayed away from ALL cereals and yoghurt and candy and ALL FRUIT. I had Nando's some nights which was a far cry from what I use to eat (all the healthy stuff.). For the fist two weeks doing this I was still very hungry but did not eat cereals etc no matter what. Its nearly a month later and my husband is amazed that we not purchasing half as much food as we use to because Im NOT HALF AS HUNGRY. All these carbs we eat send glucose rushing through our veins and our pancreas increases its insulin and stores everything we eat as fat. I dont support things like the ATKINS diet, I just simply did my own thing and it worked. I now can have some fruit if I want but the important thing is IM NOT CRAVING IT. It is important though to stay away from fat like the skin on the chicken and butter for weight reasons. Get yourself a GI book that explains all this. You can find them at Exclusive Books. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Reply to Kathirine