Question
Posted by: A.Nother | 2004/10/31

Rash/pimples on buttocks

Hi doc. Please could you inform me on what to do about rash/pimples i have constantly on my buttocks, but the degree may vary. I am fairly active with sports, but this does not clear it up. I thought it may have something to do with my underwear or the washing powder, so i tried not wearing any underwear for periods, and it does seem to help, but ever so slightly. My girlfriend i've lived with for many years does not have the same problem at all so its confusing me. Any help (short of telling me to go consult a doctor) would be greatly appreciated.

A, it might be due to irritation caused by sweat. Have you tried taking a shower every time immediately after gyming? Are you using an antibacterial soap? Let me know as a new question and we’ll take it from there. Good luck.