Question
Posted by: Again | 2008/07/23

Rash on left buttock

Hi there, I have a V-shaped rash on my left buttock which is quite painful &  slightly itchy. The only thing that has changed in my diet / lifestyle in the past few days is Viral-Eeze immune booster tablets from Clicks. Can this be a negative reaction to the drug, I had this a few months ago from drinking a painkiller? I am currently treating the area with Colloidal silver ointment and spray

Dear Again
It is highly unlikely that an allergic reaction from a medication will only give you a rash on your buttock. I am worried that this could be herpes zoster - please let your doctor have a look asap as you need to take antivirals within 48-72 hours if it is.