Posted by: kaaj | 2008/09/04

rash on earlobe

I get this slight rash on my earlobe every few months and it lasts for a few days and then disappears. Its generally under my earing. The same earing that I have worn for the last 4 years. Its slightly itchy and gets quite bruised.
Can you possibly tell me what it may be and what I can treat it with?
I do use bactroban but would like for the symptom to stop.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Thank you for visiting

It is possible that you have developed a rash due to the earing. It sounds strange but an allergic reaction can develop after a long period of time. I therefore, recommend that you take the earings out and see if you still get the rash.

To treat the rash, you can use Repivate topical cream, twice daily.

Kind regards

Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.