Question
Posted by: Jo | 2004/11/16

Rash / Hives

I had this happen to me before and was treated with a single injection of cortisone. I apparently had to much of a certain trace element in my blood....I was on several prescribed meds as I just had a big elbow operation. I was then clear for a few years and out of the blue the condition returned??? It starts to feel like a mozzie bite , then swells up and spreads out in a ring like shape. There is no real disscomfort , no flakes, just a lot of heat consentrated in the area. The center of the ring is clear and gets bigger....finally it dissapears. If you can imaging a drop in a pond....the ripple runs out then becomes to weak and the water is flat again....I hope I am making sense? What can the cause of this be? what must I do?

Jo, from this side f the screen it sounds like something bit you and that you’re sensitive to it. You can try taking an antihistamine like Phenergan® (available over the counter) and see if it goes away, but otherwise the best would be to see your doctor and have tests done. Good luck.