Question
Posted by: nash | 2008/06/12

rash

i have this rash on the inside of my leg. is not too big. its very itchy and if i scratch it it becomes small blisters and then i get scabs on it. as soon as the scabs go away the rash starts again. i had this with my frist pregnancy and was to imbareded to show my gynae. i am now 17w pregnant an discovered yesterday that i have it again. its only onthe inside of my upper legs. will this affect my baby in any way?

Baby should not be affected but you need to see a doctor to get treatment.

1
Posted by: Fay | 2008/06/12

Hi Nash

I also had a similar rash when i was pregnant with my 1st baby. only i had it worse. As i continued scratching it the rash would then spread. After birth i got it again but now its usually in the crook of my arm and also in the upper inside knee area. My gynae prescibed 1% cortisone cream and thats about all that we can use during pregnancy. but i would rather forget about being embarassed and speak to the gynae. i am 9 weeks preggies now and i also pray that i dont get it again, but what i have also noticed is it usually comes out when my body is very hot, like in summer, or if you sit in front of a heater or fire. also when you have high temperature. speak to the gynae though bestthing for you and the baby, i am sure the baby will be fine. but take care of u hey.

Reply to Fay