Question
Posted by: Richard | 2007/12/12

Rash

Hi there Doc.
I am an eighteen year old male and I have noticed I have developed a terrible rash under my chin on my neck after shaving, I have changed my blades and shaving cream and am make sure I place enough cream on when shaving, but it has been to no avail. It is itchy and at times can be quite painful, it appears to be like small little red pimples but without heads, if you know what I mean ? Could you advise anything ? Thanks

Hallo Richard
Stop shaving with a blade for a while and use an electric razor. This gives the skin some rest as the razor does not shave as closely. Ask your GP for a prescription for Zineryt lotion, and use an antiseptic after shaving on the area. Sometimes if it is very persistent you need to use a cortisone cream as well.
See http://www.britishskinfoundation.org.uk/standard.aspx?id=193