Question
Posted by: k | 2005/07/10

rape/gynae visit

Im only 17. I lost my virginity only 2 months ago to a group of gang rapists, does that mean I must start seeing a gynae because Im now sexually active?

You should see a gynaecologist, yes.

2
Posted by: Poolnymph | 2005/07/11

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your ordeal! I'd suggest that you go for a pap smear and a check up. Your experience does not necessarily class you has "sexually active" as such, but a check up would still be a good idea. You only need to go every year, and some gynae's find every 2nd year acceptable. Find a Gynae you feel comfortable with and who you feel you can communicate with easily.
Best Wishes.

God Bless.

Reply to Poolnymph
Posted by: Lisa | 2005/07/10

Hopefully you received anti-retroviral treatment at the time of the rape. You should also have a Pap Smear, as the HPV virus is sexually transmitted.

Reply to Lisa