Posted by: k | 2005/07/10

rape/gynae visit

Im only 17. I lost my virginity only 2 months ago to a group of gang rapists, does that mean I must start seeing a gynae because Im now sexually active?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

You should see a gynaecologist, yes.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Poolnymph | 2005/07/11

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your ordeal! I'd suggest that you go for a pap smear and a check up. Your experience does not necessarily class you has "sexually active" as such, but a check up would still be a good idea. You only need to go every year, and some gynae's find every 2nd year acceptable. Find a Gynae you feel comfortable with and who you feel you can communicate with easily.
Best Wishes.

God Bless.

Reply to Poolnymph
Posted by: Lisa | 2005/07/10

Hopefully you received anti-retroviral treatment at the time of the rape. You should also have a Pap Smear, as the HPV virus is sexually transmitted.

Reply to Lisa

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.