Question
Posted by: Torn | 2008/01/18

Raped, pregnant

Dear Doctor,

A situation exists where a rape took place and a pregnancy is the result. Am abt 10wks and DO NOT want this baby. The police was not contacted, what's the use?

How would one cause a miscarriage as there are no means for an abortion?

Please do not judge me.

You can go to the government hospital in your area.

13
Posted by: Honey | 2008/01/18

I cant begin to comprehend what u're going through.
Call the Legae Clinic in Pretoria. It was around R600.00 a year or two ago.

Good Luck dear.

Reply to Honey
Posted by: Torn | 2008/01/18

Thank you T.

Reply to Torn
Posted by: T | 2008/01/18

U can go to a government hospital hey,they do it for u.

Reply to T
Posted by: Torn | 2008/01/18

Thank you Babylove, I understand what you are saying, but i do not want to go through with this at all.

Reply to Torn
Posted by: Babylove | 2008/01/18

Hi Torn,

Sorry to hear about your situation, I can only but imagine how you are feeling, why don't you contact a home and give the baby up for adoption straight from birth, at 10 weeks there is a heart beat and limps are forming already & unfortunately the baby did not asked to be conceived but I am sure that there are many ladies who will be more than willing to adopt this child, I have gone to a safe house to give toys where there was a baby that conceived by a rape and the mommy gave him up straight away, You can contact me if you want to talk 0214066953, about the adoption issue...

Reply to Babylove
Posted by: pushi | 2008/01/18

Thats so sad but dear also be carefull of going for a very cheap.Last weeks Sunday World exposed some doctor who perfomed bogus abortion at a rate of R50-300 so please be careful,you dont want someone who is gonna to charge u less and destroy your future .Good luck and God bless.

Reply to pushi
Posted by: pushi | 2008/01/18

Reply to pushi
Posted by: Torn | 2008/01/18

Thank you Cee, where are these clinics, i'm in pta?

Reply to Torn
Posted by: pushi | 2008/01/18

Reply to pushi
Posted by: pushi | 2008/01/18

Reply to pushi
Posted by: Cee | 2008/01/18

I am sorry to hear what had happened. And I dont judge you. There are other clinics that are ar R200-R500. I know how you feel and Dont wory you are in my prayers

Reply to Cee
Posted by: Torn | 2008/01/18

Thank you Didi, don't want to go through the schlep of our wonderful police... Where can I get an abortion? Marie Stopes charges R1500.00 which I don't have.

Reply to Torn
Posted by: didi | 2008/01/18

i know you feel like " what's the use to contact the police" but you have to report it to the police.i don't know if there is anything you can do to cause a miscarriage ,but you can go for a abortion and you need to go for counselling.good luck and you will be in my prayers !!!

Reply to didi