Question
Posted by: Cousin | 2007/08/24

Rape?

My mom's couisn who is 34yrs old now was raped by another man when he was 9. He hasn't spoken to any1 since. But to my mom about 2months ago. He never stays long in a relationship with a woman & he told my mom he rembers what happened to him then when is making love to a woman. He is not willing to speak to any1 else abt the matter icludng a psychologist etc. Hw can I be of assistance to him?

It isn't possibnle to treat such a person unless and until they are willing to talk and work with a properly traine expert psychologist. What you CAN do to help, would be, through your mom, to have her encourage him gently to understand that he would greatly benefit from working with a suitable shrink, and could be happier and more functional if he did.