Question
Posted by: Sanele | 2007/08/24

Rape

I was raped as a child & I have had an abortion. I have an 8year old daughter with my xboyfriend and am now married. How would what happened to me affect all my relationships?

It surely COULD affect your various relationships, and probably in different ways, but it doesn't have to affect them at all. So much would depend on how you reacted to these awful events at the time, and how you have remembered and reacted to them since then ; and on what conclusions you may have drawn from them, which might be accurate or inaccurate, useful or unhelpful. If you're feeling fine, that's good. If you are experiencing problems in your relationships, then it would be worth seeing a goo local counsellor, to explore this and see how best to sort it all out