Question
Posted by: Link | 2005/07/25

Rape

Does the fact that I was raped by a man make me gay. How I got raped was ; Someone bought me a drink and I cant remember anything afterwards. The next morning I just felt pain in my anus and fluid coming out of it and hickies all over my neck. But I cant remember what happened . Does that count as my first gay encounter .

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi Link,

The fact that you were raped does not make you gay. Not at all. I'm sorry to hear that you were raped and hope you were counselled around this? If not, you're welcome to call the Gay & Lesbian Helpline on (021) 4 222 500 any day between 1pm and 9 pm, or the Counselling & Information Line on (012) 344 5108, Mondays to Thursdays between 09h00 and 16h30, and Fridays till 14h30. You will also need to undergo an HIV test.

Being gay is about being emotionally, physically and sexually attracted to people of the same sex and not to people of the opposite sex.

3
Posted by: moffie | 2005/07/28

this is a hoax

Reply to moffie
Posted by: dooby | 2005/07/26

Hey Link!

What u been through is called "date rape", and is in every way exactly that "RAPE". It has now been written into the law books that anybody that is sexually abused, including anally penetrated, against their will, including unknowingly, is rape! Do you know this person that bought you the drink? Where did you wake up? If you do know this person and do make a case of rape against him, you must also be prepared for tons of finger-pointing at you. You must also be a very strong person to go through with it, because the law system will say that you willingly went along with it etc. Were you wanting a gay experience? All these questions will be fired at you if you DO take it further.

Blues Brotha= as far as "hickies" go, where are you from? Ofcourse it still happens! In the height of passion mouths go everywhere and a hickie is the result!!!

If it's a gay relationship you ARE after, just choose very carefully who you accept drinks from, and enjoy being who you really are. Being gay is not as it used to be in the "Dark Ages", it is far more acceptable these days AND our Constitution protects gays from all forms of discrimination.

Good luck, Link!

Reply to dooby
Posted by: Blues Brotha | 2005/07/25

Hickies? I mean where the hell did this happen, Driefontein? I though hickies were a thing of the past...

Reply to Blues Brotha