Question
Posted by: KAZ | 2007/07/17

Randy Scruff gone for the snip

There is day in a life of a male animal where he wants to sow his wild oats but there comes a day us humans need to put a halt to that idea and ask the question. Why don't men take their male animals to the vet for THE SNIP.

Poor Scruff went in this morning for the snip as he was starting to go across the road to the neighbour that has 6 cats and whether one of them was on heat I don't know but when we call him he comes racing across the road our house. While I'm running around like a blue a fly, working or on a ICDL course that our department is offering us and my hubby is at home still after his foot op, I must make the appointment and take the poor thing to the vet. I land up being the wicked witch of the west in my animals eyes. Ok I understand my husband can't drive yet. What man can answer the above question? It seems to me that most people that write on the forum are women and what I have gathered they take their male furry pets for THE SNIP.

Shame on my way to the vet poor Scruff was meowing and yowling in the car and it sounded like Why why why, I swear he said momma too after that. Doesn't that bring a tear to the eye.

Must be a male thing!

6
Posted by: KAZ | 2007/07/18

The poor thing when I went to fetch him he was sitting up but swaying. When I tried to get him in his cage he still had his fighting spirit in him and a little help from a vet assistant we got him in his cage.

He did eat or drink anything last night he just slept. Bostick wants nothing to do with him at the moment but keeps coming and sniffing where Scruff's balls use to be and almost like he is saying "I feel ya, had that done 6 months ago." hee hee.

Bostick was up and about and eating where as Scruff did the opposite. This morning he had some food and water which we left it in our bedroom on the floor so he can eat. I saw that he found it difficult to jump on our bed but can get on the sleeper couch that we have out. He slept there for the night. This morning when I left for work I had him sleeping next to my husband who's foot is still sore. I teased my husband telling him there lies the sick (Scruff), the lame (husband) and the lazy one (me, now not so lazy, I'm running after hubby and the cats, feeding them all and the other animals we have).

Oh, at my vet I paid R350 for my cat to get the snip, a female will be more. Sasha is the only animal left to go and get fixed and that is going to cost us nearly R700 which we don't have so when that time comes again in October if my calculations are correct Then we will keep her at the back. We will never worry whether Simba will get hold of her as he got fixed a month and half ago.

Reply to KAZ
Posted by: Carol | 2007/07/17

My two little boys have to go for the "snip" at the end of next month .... and little Lexie to become a sports model :)

My hubby has no problem whatsoever with animals getting the snip , like me he see's the consequences of not having it done !!

My vet charges me the spca rate .. bless his heart :)

Reply to Carol
Posted by: SUN | 2007/07/17

It is a male thing, whenever we have had a cat or dog neutered, my husband carried on to such an extent you would think he was the one going in for the snip- "not fair doing that to the poor boy" bla bla bla! He has actuallly had the snip but would never have agreed to it if some of his "body parts" were removed at the same time! Oh, and he has never taken one of our pets to the vet for the snip - never!

Reply to SUN
Posted by: CarolA | 2007/07/17

That should have been hear not here.Strange how you make so many mistakes hey.

Oh yes,Nicloe about the cost.Tyr a hospital where they train the vets.-you will pay much less. I am in CT so we can go to Stellenbosch University.

Reply to CarolA
Posted by: Carol A | 2007/07/17

Males will be males.Even if you take him for the "snip" he will still visits the females. :) Must be a male thing Hehe

I think much has to do with how old he is.We have 2 male cats.Tiger one had the "snip when he was about 6months" I think it was -at the recommend time. the other, Sox came to us "a stray" and stayed and we took him as well and I think he was about 1yr old then.

Tiger taken at 6months is very homely and does not roam so much the other-Tiger has a light voice.(Siprono)

Soxs roams a lot and still stays as out at night.But is becoming more homely and he has a deeper voice.(Bass) So that is the difference I have noticed.

But guess what August is coming -the month when they what to visit the females then we all here the meow,bash,crash as neighbours though shoes and squirt cats with water pistols to make them be quiet. -So in that way the "snip" does help too. :)

Reply to Carol A
Posted by: Nicole | 2007/07/17

how much did it cost you KAZ- my vet wants to charge me R400.

Reply to Nicole