Posted by: Bel | 2008/09/02

Ramadaan Recipes

My partner has just started fasting. The problem is that he is very fit and has a very fast metabolism so he loses a lot of weight during Ramadaan. I need recipes that are healthy and light (as he doesn' t feel like eating much when his stomach starts to shrink by the second week) but that will give him energy and keep his weight up.

Dear Bel
I do not have any specific recipes for Ramadan meals. It may help to do an Internet Search in SA and the World Wide Web, using terms like Ramadan recipes or low-fat recipes. Otherwise click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of a low-fat, high-fibre diet which you can use, but serve him as much as he will eat of the permitted low-fat foods.
Wishing you both well for Ramadan

Posted by: Sam | 2008/09/16

Johhny, Johnny, Johnny. Ignorance is bliss. Give it a try mate - and then talk about it.

Tell you what. I know quite a few guys who would put a wager that you wont last a week !

This means...

Eating your ' BIG BREAKFAST'  at 3:30am, going to work (if you work for a living).
Abstaining from all physical and mental desires. No water, food (coffee included mate) and nicotine.
Break fast at 6:00 pm.
Mosque at 7:30 till 9pm.

I will personally chat to the head of the Mosque to allow you entry.

Reply to Sam
Posted by: MM | 2008/09/03

Unless you' ve tried it dont diss it. I' m not sure what you mean by it not a real fast.

U are without food &  water for at least 13hours. . U try eating a ' full'  breakfast at 4:30 in the morning &  tell me how much you actually get down. This goes on for a period of 29-30 days.

Try it for a month &  then tell me about it. So unless you know what it really feels like &  you' ve done it with utmost conviction &  followed it to the letter, please show a little respect.

Reply to MM
Posted by: johnny | 2008/09/02

Ramadaan fasting in " no real"  fasting.
You can eat before sunrise and after sunset.
I can eat a " good"  breakfast en last till the evening.
No problem. its only drinks that is my problem. I drink 8+ glasses of water during the day.

Reply to johnny