Question
Posted by: P | 2007/05/29

Radiation & Pregnancy

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for the past 5 months and have been unsuccessful on all attempts. I have recently gotten my period again to our disappointment. Everyone is telling us to relax and it will all happen in time. Frankly, it just gets to me that everyone says that. We are relaxed and enjoy each other.

My question: My husband works in an environment that can take its toll on his health. He has come in contact with radiation before and while he is at work. Could this maybe have an effect on us becoming pregnant? He wants to have a sperm count test on his return. Please help?

Dear P

Indeed exposatory radiation may affect sperm count and sperm function. Ideally a sperm analysis should be done at this point to exclude any radiation effects should the sperm parameters be normal I would advise ovulation monitoring and timed intercourse.

1
Posted by: Dee | 2007/05/30

I would definitely suggest a sperm test.

Reply to Dee