Question
Posted by: Trace | 2008/01/07

Rabbits breeding

Hello there. I unfortunately know an individual who stupidly (if you ask me) went out and bought two rabbits and believed the person who told him they would not breed. The rabbits have now begun breeding and this individual gives the baby rabbits to a pet shop because he cannot keep all the bunnies himself. Im totally against this and would like to know if its possible to have the mother rabbit steralised? Alternatively what else is there for me to do to get this ignorant individual to stop breeding rabbits. Its not like he wants the baby rabbits just he doesn't want to get rid of either of the adult rabbits that he first bought. Just another fine example of the stupidity of the human race!! Your assistance would be appreciated. Many thanks

Yes males and females can be neutered and they should be done as soon as possible. Rabbits can begin breeding as young as 4 months and the female can give birth regularly as each uterine horn can carry young independant of the other.