Question
Posted by: carole | 2007/06/11

rabbits and nutering

hi. I have 11 rabbits which 10 are male. they all have their own hutches ect. I had the males nutered with the hope that they would become more placid and would be able to play together in the garden without attacking eah other and trying to mate with each other. the problem is that they some of them still attack other rabbits and they still try to mate with each other. is this normal?

Until all the hormones have worked out of the system they may still show sexual behaviour. It takes about 6 weeks for the hormone effects to subside.