Question
Posted by: Budget | 2004/10/29

R90

what would you guys to with a R90 budget for the weekend? providing entertainment and food for tonight and tomorrow? if none's left on sunday then tough luck, but at least help me out for tonight and tomorrow??

Gosh, Chelle ! Strip poker is passe ; strip billiards I heard of. But strip scream ? Mind you, I'm familiar with the concept. If I stripped, folks would scream "Get dressed, for pity's sake !"

8
Posted by: Budget | 2004/10/29

Thanks guys, not sure what I'll do yet, but thanks for your ideas!!! Wish I could find interesting partners for the strip-scream idea! I feel I need a bit of a break of my regular bunch of friends.. Ag we'll see. Have a great weekend and remember that the best things in life are free...

Reply to Budget
Posted by: Liza | 2004/10/29

Some friends, some videos - ask them to bring some coldrink along - get some popcorn and make huge amounts of it. I like the strip-scream idea ;) This way you'll only have to pay for the popcorn (around R5 per pack if you pop it yourself) That way you'll even have some money left on Sunday - and perhaps some colddrink left over from friends that left it ;)

Reply to Liza
Posted by: Beyond Tired | 2004/10/29

Hi there,
Sorry to say this, R90 sounds like a fortune to me, but fortunately the bf is taking me out and spoiling me a bit, he even paid some of my bills. It was payday for me this week and I can't even draw R10 because there isn't even enough to pay all my debt. With R90 you can either enjoy yourself on the little things that Chelle suggests or sit in a corner and feel sorry for yourself. Friends can be fantastic and share in the expenses of having fun, invite some over, make the suggestion of video's, etc. and tell them it is a chip in party, that means that you all contribute to the expenses and tell them you can't afford more than say R20 per outing, thus pizza's, video's etc.
I really hope you come right as I know the way you feel.
Take Care.

Reply to Beyond Tired
Posted by: Chelle | 2004/10/29

Have a scream night for halloween- either tonight or tomorrow night. Get the friends to club in a little and get some old scary movies. Should be quite cheap. For dinner have hotdogs and make big bowls of popcorn.
Whoever shrieks during the movie has to pay a forfeit - maybe you can play strip scream :)
The other night you can make some sandwiches make a flask of cofee, buy some chocolates and get someone nice to have a night time picnic with you.
If you work it out, it will not be more than R90.

Reply to Chelle
Posted by: Budget | 2004/10/29

Chelle, Im 29 and i will be alone, but i can invite or join friends if i feel like it or if my budget allows it...

Reply to Budget
Posted by: Chelle | 2004/10/29

How old are you and will you be with friends or alone?

Reply to Chelle
Posted by: lady nina | 2004/10/29

hi there

we have a park close to home where we can have a picnic
i'll will spend R20.00 on wors and R5.00 on buns and make some hot dogs - R10.00 for a coke and go to the book exchange and get a nice noval for R10.00 - i'll spend the day out in the park just reading and watching the people all around us

for 2 night i'll get a 2 really old movie from the video store for R5.00 each and cook up some mince and macoroni

nothing fancy but enjoyable

nina

Reply to lady nina
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/10/29

Thats not all that bad. Debonairs always has a special where you can buy 2 pizzas for either R59, or R69... but obviously that would depend on how many people you wanna feed.
Then again, Pick 'n Pay, Checkers & even woolworths has some great stuff that come in can that you can really make a lovely meal of, & that may not even work out to mopre than R30.
There are lots of options, but it depends on your life-style...

Good luck, & don't despair, there is always a way.

Take care,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun