Question
Posted by: Hoarsy | 2007/12/10

R3200 sore throat

Despite having FULL medial aid I was given the infamous words 'self payment gap' and left with a bill of R3200 I now have to pay. Which leads me to my question - please help because I DON't have another R280 to visit my doctor to speculate on what a cause!

Had bronchitus in Aug, ended up with good old penicillin to get rid of it but still battled with a dry painfull cough more than a month after that.

I still have a a burning sore feeling in my upper chest/lower throat. My doctor send me for a scan (R800) and nothing showed up, also for allergy tests of R2500 which showed I am allergic to everything from my dogs to cochroaches and some trees?! I have never had allergies like this in my life and don;t even have a history of illness. I do not have a runny nose, runny eyes or any other sympthoms I would associate with allergies?

Can allergies arrive so suddenly and can they be so painfull? I tried gargling with Ando lex for almost 2 weeks & it helped but did not cure the burning feeling.

Is this real allergies or shoud I get a 2nd opinion?

Dear Hoarsy
Some allergies present just with a chronic post nasal drip. What was the scan for (my guess sinuses?) Try the following: Loratidine 1 at night, and an immune booster like Immunochoice, Viral choice C or Moducare, and generic Beconase aqueous nosespray twice a day - give it about a week to work. Let me know how it goes?