Question
Posted by: KC | 2010/10/26

&quot False"  period

Hi Doc,

I need help to establish when I ovulate. I had my Marena removed in Feb this year. Since then I have been having a " false"  period for a week, after which I then have my normal period. Each lasting for about 5 days.

I know that we ovulate 14 days after the first day of the period, but I am not sure when to start calculating the days.

Also, why the " false"  period?

Please advise. I have been trying to fall pregnant since Feb, but I think the problem is because of the fact that I don''t know how to calculate when I ovulate.

Many thanks.

Dear KC

The timing of your false period is in keeping with implantation bleeding and I would therefore recommend the use of ovulation monitoring test such as the urine LH testing kits to predict when ovulation is occurring. It would be best to start testing from day-10 of your cycle and should the so-called “false period” persist I would recommend some form of intervention after the ovulation has occurred.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/10/29

Dear KC

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert