Posted by: quotation | 2008/06/26

There comes a time in every man's life and I've had many of them.

Casey Stengel
US baseball manager (1890 - 1975)

Stengel was famous for his muddled and puzzling utterances, which seemed to make sense until you looked closer.
Rather like Tshwane Metro Council, the heartland of the heartless.
Anyhow, to anyone who's paying attention, my lights are still on, though Lord knows for how long, and Grobbelaars have been marvellous at getting the death certificate back from Home Affairs and faxing a copy to the Council. Kepp thumbs crossed
Stengel also said : "All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height."
Also : Don't cut my throat, I may want to do that later myself. ;
It's wonderful to meet so many friends that I didn't used to like.
Never make predictions, especially about the future. ***
The key to being a good manager is keeping the people who hate me away from those who are still undecided. ***
I'll never make the mistake of being seventy again.
When you are younger you get blamed for crimes you never committed and when you're older you begin to get credit for virtues you never possessed. It evens itself out.
You gotta lose 'em some of the time. When you do, lose 'em right.

Posted by: naked nun | 2008/06/26

am i missing something here....?

Reply to naked nun