Question
Posted by: quotation | 2008/01/30

quotation

All power corrupts, but we need the electricity.

Unknown
Quotations by unknown authors

Power companies certainly sound corrupt, as well as staggeringly incompetent, and not even able to make convincing or consistent excuses for their long-term negligence. I'd love to hear that CEO and each of his board members explain to us ( we paid for it ) how they actually feel they earned their enormous salaries, let alone thei obscene bonuses they awarded themselves

1
Posted by: John | 2008/01/30

Its amazing how the original quote by Lord Acton (Power tends to corrupt and absolute powers corrupts absolutely) seems so fitting and apt for Eskom: when Eskom had to show a responsible face, it was not the CEO - as it should have been - that spoke, but some uncomfortable minion. It reminded me so much of the Iraqi minister that declared, as the American and British tanks were rolling into Baghdad and pulling statues (statutes?) of Saddam down, that Iraq was winning the war. It was pitiful to watch the Eskom person lie, so unconvincingly but with such a sense of entitlement.

Power, even in its absence apparently, does indeed corrupt.

Reply to John