Question
Posted by: quotation | 2007/04/04

quotation

One of the first duties of the physician is to educate the masses not to take medicine.

Sir William Osler, Aphorisms from his Bedside Teachings (1961) p. 105
British (Canadian-born) physician (1849 - 1919)

I once, when I worked in Hamilton, Ontario, at McMaster University, lived on the edge of the village where Osler was born.

2
Posted by: Girlfriend | 2007/04/04

I've been through a bad devorce after 14 years of marraige
AND I AGREE WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to Girlfriend
Posted by: :) | 2007/04/04

that's cool...

i always thought it was weird when my friends at school was sick and booked off for a week with 5 different pills/medicine when they had a runny nose.

glad my dad's a doc. ive never been to one to this day and just get through a normal 'under the weather'. i prob saved a lot of money through the years.

suppose that's why we never had overseas trips!

i feel the same bout anti depr. some people really need it, i know, but i have friends who's been on it for years and years without counselling. so the issues and problem are just supressed and not worked on. i just dont agree with this kind of thing. especially when you take sleeping pills with anti depressants and calming tablets. like my one friend, and this was given by a doc not a psychiatrist!

i know some things must be fixed with medicine, but i suppose people just want to fix it too easily and quickly without changing lifestyles.

anyhow...for what it's worth..

Reply to :)