Question
Posted by: quotation | 2005/12/05

quotation

Learn the art of patience. Apply discipline to your thoughts when they become anxious over the outcome of a goal. Impatience breeds anxiety, fear, discouragement and failure. Patience creates confidence, decisiveness, and a rational outlook, which eventually leads to success.
Brian Adams

Surely not the singer ?
And to the Santayana post --- being wise is knowing that you always have more to learn

17
Posted by: ... | 2005/12/05

Again.... very true... I enjoy every minute of it!!.............

Quotation......... sorry we intruded on your post!!

Reply to ...
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/05

The fact that you love, appreciate and trust each other is the most important part. Count your blessings, not the years! I think love is a magical thing and age has no bearing on it at all. Enjoy it.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: ... | 2005/12/05

13 years...I don't think it's that much of a gap. Sounds weird cos by next year he'll be classified as being in his 40's (he is turning 40)... and I'll still be in my 20's...lol

Reply to ...
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/05

What is the age gap, if I may ask? Not that it has anything to do with anything at all. You should know me by now. I do not judge anyone at all. I am just being curious.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: ... | 2005/12/05

That's very true - age doesn't always count... He reckons I am more mature than many of the women he has dated at around his age... somewhere in between he and I "meet"

Reply to ...
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/05

Mmmm, but as I said before, age doesn't really have anything to do with it. My husband is 50 and acts like a 3 year old! It is who they are and what they actually learned and are prepared to put into the relationship that counts.

On the energy side of things, I normally have an abundance of it, but most days I "bounce". I do, however, sleep! And it doesn't get me down at all.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: ... | 2005/12/05

That's what I was like last week... but I bounced off the walls for about 70 hours without stopping :) .....
My partner is amazing... I think we have a mutual appreciation... it's the first time I have been in a relationship with someone much older than me.... always dated guys about my age... he is 13 years older than me... and will be 40 next year... So, I think he has learned over the years how to treat a woman! :)

Reply to ...
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/05

I am just hunky dorey. Bouncing off the walls with energy. You sound like you have an amazing partner and I am glad that he appreciates you. You deserve it.

Quotation, if that was a compliment, thank you.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: ... | 2005/12/05

How are you doing Frusty?... sorry...in my warm fuzzy state... I forgot to ask!

Reply to ...
Posted by: ... | 2005/12/05

I'm feeling good - not so hyped up and excitable as I was last week... These highs and lo's seem to happen when you least expect it!!!

My partner just arranged for lunch to be delivered to me... he is so thoughtful!... I always tell him I don't have time to get lunch at work.... so a short while ago... out of the blue, someone calls me from reception and I thought I had an unexpected client.. instead I get a rye bread sandwich... a fruit juice... a chocolate.... and a packet of cashew nuts... and a daisy!! (I don't now how he arranged the daisy bit!).

He is also a VERY busy person.... so I'm all warm and fuzzy inside at the moment....lol

Reply to ...
Posted by: quotation | 2005/12/05

The wisest mind has something yet to learn.
George Santayana
US (Spanish-born) philosopher (1863 - 1952)

Reply to quotation
Posted by: ... | 2005/12/05

Feeling perfect Frusty... got some sleep over the weekend... the tabs seem to be working... thanks for asking! :)

Reply to ...
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/05

No, unfortunately, it isn't me. Wish I had so much wisdom, though! How are you?

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: ... | 2005/12/05

is Frusty and quotation one and the same person? ........ I see the quotes diligently posted every day.... and am always curious as to who posts them! :)

Reply to ...
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/05

Hey ... ! There you are. Have you managed to get some sleep? How are you?

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/05

Absolutely!

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: ... | 2005/12/05

just curious........ do you ever post on the forum using a different nickname?.....

Reply to ...