Question
Posted by: quotation | 2005/12/03

quotation

The things that one most wants to do are the things that are probably most worth doing.
Winifred Holtby, O Magazine, September 2002

I'm not so sure I agree with Winifred. We know what Hannibal Lector wanted to do, and Jack the Ripper, and Saddam Hussain, and the suicide bombers, and the 9/11 mass murderers, and so on.

4
Posted by: Bb | 2005/12/03

Thanks Tango and Ash1, you both made me smile :)

Reply to Bb
Posted by: Ash1 | 2005/12/03

A long long time ago, we had a crazy teache who was obsesse with Leo B, and made us watch his motivational tapes! It was nice to be reminded of that/

Reply to Ash1
Posted by: Tango | 2005/12/03

I love quotes and always open them first! Thanks for reminding me of that one from Leo B. Its great.

Reply to Tango
Posted by: Bb | 2005/12/03

Thank you quotation, I love that one. Heres one for you and the others who also enjoy quotations.

"The majority of us lead quiet, unheralded lives as we pass through this world. There will most likely be no ticker-tape parades for us, no monuments created in our honor. But that does not lessen our possible impact, for there are scores of people waiting for someone just like us to come along; people who will appreciate our compassion, our unique talents. Someone who will live a happier life merely because we took the time to share what we had to give. Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have a potential to turn a life around. It's overwhelming to consider the continuous opportunities there are to make our love felt." ~ Leo Buscaglia

Reply to Bb