Question
Posted by: Barry | 2007/08/01

Quit smoking

CS, I have been smoking for 40 years and now have to quit (although I still enjoy it). Any advice on making this easier?

Try the smoking cessation support room. See a good clued-up GP, as there is a drug now, as well as some nicotine patches, that can help to lessen the craving until it has past. And consider a program like Smokenders. And hearty congratulations on making such a wise decision ! Fortunately, though damage will have been done by the dacades of smoking, benefits start to acccrue, and risks to lessen, as soon as one stops and stays stopped

3
Posted by: jskr | 2007/08/01

ZYBAN ZYBAN ZYBAN!!!

Reply to jskr
Posted by: Jacqui | 2007/08/01

Why not try the smoking cessation support room?

Reply to Jacqui
Posted by: former rabid rottweiller | 2007/08/01

i used "quit" spray 10 years ago after 30 years of smoking and have not smoked since its expensive and it really works
and i only used one can of spray. i also found that the craving only lasts a few minutes and chewing gum also helped. I admit i was tempted and sometimes bought loose ciugarettes but never lit then. you will benefit greatly from quitting. you can smell and taste things, your clothes dont reek of smoke and you wont cough anymore. i used to light cigarettes in bed and fall asleep anmd only wake up as the cigarette was burning my fingers. good luck i hope you succeed

Reply to former rabid rottweiller